With the holidays here, we at Presentation Secondary School Warrenmount want to thank all the students who engaged so well in all the new forms and styles of learning in these strange times. It really is incredibly impressive and you should all be so proud of yourselves. Similarly, we want to thank all of the staff who have adapted, created and engaged with all of the students in such a dedicated and innovative way. Our commitment as a whole school is amazing!
Over the Easter Holidays, teachers and staff will not be as readily available over Teams and Chat. Staff and students alike all deserve a holiday after the huge effort we have all put in over the last three weeks. However, we want to offer a list of resources should you need an extra bit of support over the next 2 weeks.
School Contact and Activities
• The new school number 01-5240103 will be available from 9am to 4pm, Monday to Friday from April 6th until April 10th .
• School Counsellors will be available.
• Ms Davis has set up the Virtual Library which will be great to keep an eye on over the break. There are links to digital libraries, quizzes and competitions. Loads to keep us all entertained.
• There will be a Warrenmount Film Club that will be doing a Watch-Along of a film on Netflix next week. It will run at a given time (to be announced later) and the Film Club Team page will be live for chat before, during and after the film.
• Siofra and the School Completion Programme will be in touch about an exciting Easter Camp plan to be held during the Easter Holidays.
Wellbeing Resource Pack
Free helpline: 1800 666 666
Online Chat: www.childline.ie
Teentxt service: text the word “Talk” to 50101
Childline provides a free and confidential listening service to children and young people up to the age of 18. The Childline helpline is open every day, 24 hours a day and Childline Online Chat is open every day 10am – 10pm.
24 Hour: 1800 833 634. The ISPCC operates Teenline, a national active listening service for children and young people up to the age of 18 in Ireland. The service is free to contact and is confidential, non-directive and non-judgmental.
Find Jigsaw projects: www.jigsaw.ie
Jigsaw is a network of programmes across Ireland designed to make sure every young person has somewhere to turn to and someone to talk to.
Free call: 116 123
Samaritans Ireland also offer an email service – email@example.com .
Speak with Samaritans directly, they are a helpline and provide a free listening service.
The website, SpunOut.ie, carries a range of health information for young people, including mental health, sexual health, exam stress and general lifestyle information. SpunOut also has an extensive online directory allowing site visitors to search for supports and services in their area.
Turn2me Youth (ReachOut):
In 2019 Turn2me.org and ReachOut Ireland joined forces to create Turn2me Youth. A space for young people to find information and explore different ways of getting through tough times.